Storageflex 3945N WSS is powered by Windows Storage Server which uses the Microsoft iSCSI Software Target.
The Internet SCSI (iSCSI) protocol provides access to disk storage systems across a TCP/IP network. The server computer or device that provides the disk storage is referred to as the iSCSI target.
Microsoft® iSCSI Software Target provides centralized, software-based and hardware-independent management of iSCSI disk subsystems in storage area networks (SANs). You can use iSCSI Software Target, which includes a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in, to create iSCSI targets and iSCSI virtual disks. You can then use the Microsoft iSCSI Software Target console to manage all iSCSI targets and virtual disks that were created by using iSCSI Software Target.
This document explains how you can use Microsoft iSCSI Software Target 3.3 to create iSCSI targets and iSCSI virtual disks, and then use the Microsoft iSCSI Software Target console to manage all iSCSI targets.
1. Creating and Managing Virtual Disks for iSCSI Targets
2. Assigning a Virtual Disk to an iSCSI Target
3. Extending a Virtual Disk for an iSCSI Target
4. Creating a Virtual Disk for an iSCSI Target
5. Importing Virtual Disks from same or another server