By performing the Restore Factory Defaults procedure, any controller configuration settings made by the user will be changed back to their factory default values. This includes the IP address, Host Channel IDs, and any Host LUN mapping. This procedure will NOT perform any reads or writes to the hard drives.
Before doing so, manually write down your lun mappings or save the lun mapping configuration from NVRAM. To do so, from the Main Menu, choose “System Functions.” Use the arrow keys to scroll down and select “Controller Maintenance,” ”Save NVRAM to Disks,” then press [ENTER].
You can perform the Factory Default procedure:
1. Power off the unit.
2. Holding the ENT and ESC buttons on the front panel, apply power to the unit.
3. Release the buttons when the LCD displays “Maintenance Mode”.
4. Press the ENT button, the LCD displays “Download FW”.
5. Press the down-arrow button until the LCD displays “Restore Factory Defaults”.
6. Press the ENT button until the LCD displays “Factory defaults restored”.
7. Press the down-arrow button three times until the LCD displays “Reset controller”.
To restore your configuration from NVRAM, from the Main Menu, choose “System Functions.” Use arrow keys to scroll down and select “Controller Maintenance,” “Restore NVRAM from Disks..,” and then press ENT.