To reinstall LSS V6 Single Node Operating System in an emergency on a temporary media, follow these steps:
1. Download the corresponding zip file and extract the contents to a USB flash drive.
2. From a Windows based system, run the file /boot/bootinst.exe as an administrator and follow the prompts.
3. Connect the new temporary external USB to your 3945N on the rear, not the front USB ports.
4. Enter BIOS by pressing F2 during boot and ensure that your new USB flash drive is selected as the primary boot device.
5. The 3945N should now boot to LSS in trial mode for 30 days. There is no need to activate since a replacement internal disk on module will be sent when the system is under support contract.